Tuesday 24 July 2012

Working for free

I've always been quite envious of designers who have enough energy to be creative outside of work, designing the odd poster here, a fanzine there.

All my design work has had a pay packet at the end of any project. But things have changed recently and now I quite often design for fun!

Over the past 4 years I've designed posters and websites to promote my local cycling club and its activities. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself too. It's been a great opportunity to collaborate with local photographers and illustrators who have also donated their time for free and I've built up good relationships with small printers on my doorstep.

Here is a selection of what I've been up to:





Photography: Gordon Scott. Illustration Garry Marshall



No comments:

Post a Comment